~Psalm 146~
1: Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2: I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
3: Do not trust in princes, in mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.
4: His spirit departs, he returns to the earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5: How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6: Who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them; Who keeps faith forever;
7: Who executes justice for the oppressed; Who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free.
8: The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; the Lord raises up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous;
9: The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, but He thwarts the way of the wicked.
10: The Lord will reign forever, your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the Lord!
1: Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2: I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
3: Do not trust in princes, in mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.
4: His spirit departs, he returns to the earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5: How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6: Who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them; Who keeps faith forever;
7: Who executes justice for the oppressed; Who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free.
8: The Lord opens the eyes of the blind; the Lord raises up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous;
9: The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, but He thwarts the way of the wicked.
10: The Lord will reign forever, your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the Lord!
4 comments:
This is a beautiful psalm, Anna. The Lord is indeed worthy of all or of our praise and adoration!
Thank you for your comment, Sarah! When I read this Psalm I was encouraged and uplifted by the praise that flowed from it. I am glad it was a blessing to you, also! And how true, He is worthy!
Hello Anna!
I found your blog in kind of a funny way... I wanted to see what bloggers had an interest in the book "Not Regina" and your name came up.:) You have a wonderful blog! It's kind of fun to see friends out there who are also in the blogging world.:) Anyway, it was wonderful checking it out! Could you say hello to Emilie and Sarah and the rest of your dear family for me? Have a wonderful day!
Love in Christ, Hannah (Hopkins)
Hi Hannah!
It was such a surprise to see a comment from you! I haven't been posting recently due to time :) so that is why I did not see your comment right away.
Yes, I really appreciate the book "Not Regina" it's among my top 5 :).
I had been checking out your family's blog from time to time, but after a while I wasn't able to access it. Anyway, if you still have a blog I would enjoy checking it out! Hopefully I will get around to writing you a letter soon (although it seems I run out of time these days) and you can let me know then if you are still posting.
I'll make sure to pass along your greetings, and you do likewise to your family.
Love you, Anna
Post a Comment