From Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest (updated edition)
Excerpts from February 12, 13, and 14
"We don't consciously and deliberately disobey God, we simply don't listen to Him. God has given his commands to us but we pay no attention to them, not because of willful disobedience, but because we do not truly love and respect Him.'If you love Me, keep My commandments' (John 14:15)."
"Just because I have listened carefully and intently to one thing from God does not mean that I will listen to everything He says. I show God my lack of love and respect for Him by the insensitivity of my heart and mind toward what He says...Have I disobeyed some command of my Lord's this week? If I had realized that it was a command of Jesus, I would not have deliberately disobeyed it. But most of us show incredible disrespect to God because we don't even hear Him."
"Are you in the dark right now in your circumstances, or in your life with God? If so, then remain quiet. If you open your mouth in the dark, you will speak while in the wrong mood, darkness is the time to listen. Don't talk to other people about it...If you talk to other people, you cannot hear what God is saying."
.
"Just because I have listened carefully and intently to one thing from God does not mean that I will listen to everything He says. I show God my lack of love and respect for Him by the insensitivity of my heart and mind toward what He says...Have I disobeyed some command of my Lord's this week? If I had realized that it was a command of Jesus, I would not have deliberately disobeyed it. But most of us show incredible disrespect to God because we don't even hear Him."
"Are you in the dark right now in your circumstances, or in your life with God? If so, then remain quiet. If you open your mouth in the dark, you will speak while in the wrong mood, darkness is the time to listen. Don't talk to other people about it...If you talk to other people, you cannot hear what God is saying."
.
No comments:
Post a Comment