Thursday, October 13, 2011

One For Whom He Died

by Anna Misko

Before He drew me I knew not
Of His mercy, love the fullest;
Outside His mighty arms I was,
Wandering alone in the tempest!

Self and Satan had their grip,
Jesus had no place within;
Oh the depths of deepest darkness
Wrought within my heart by sin!

Daily lower and night the same
I plunged beneath the waves of sin—
Till I knew no more His love,
And His trying my heart to win!

Yet day by day He pled for me
Wanting one for whom He died;
Then the battle was begun
Till I bowed my heart and cried:

“You who gave Your life for me,
Take my heart of sin and stone;
Never more shall it be mine,
Have it keep it for Your own!”

Oh His mercy, love the fullest!
Now held by His almighty arms
With Him I’m safe, secure, trusting,
Nothing now my soul alarms!

Jesus blessed, Most High Priest—
The veil now torn I’ll enter through;
Thank you Father for Your love,
I’ll give the glory all to You!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was beautiful, Anna. I had tears in my eyes as I read it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony through this poem!

Anna said...

Thank you, Sarah, for your kind comment! And you're welcome :). There is hardly anything more beautiful than God's work in a person's life!