Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Big Sister

I love having younger siblings (and an older one!), so I thought I would share ten fun and interesting parts of being a big sister:

1. Having paper airplanes (made out of facts practice sheets or other school assignments) thrown at you – accidentally, of course!

2. When you break your toe having someone to say “be careful of her toe!” or, at other times, having someone to step on that broken toe.

3. Watching your little sisters build a Lego house for a bug and treat it like a pet – especially if you’re like me and couldn’t even imagine touching a bug :).

4. Finding coins, tissues, or “treasures” in siblings’ (especially brothers’) clothing pockets when you do the laundry.

5. Knowing that the food will always get eaten, because there is at least one person who likes their food undercooked (or not cooked) and at least one who likes their food very well done (or burnt).

6. Listening to “doctrinal” discussions between younger siblings when they don’t think that you’re listening.

7. Hearing “when I get big . . . ” and then listening to their idealized picture of “being big”.

8. Trying not to laugh when they tell you something very “troubling” or “serious”.

9. Reading things they’ve written and enjoying their incorrect, but often very phonetic, spelling. Languig = Language, Quemputer = Computer, Quyit = Quiet, etc.

10. Listening to them quote Bible verses: “He makes me lie down in green pastors (instead of pastures)” and “he who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have lightness (instead of the light of life)”.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am sure you are a wonderful big sister, Anna! I could definitely relate to this post!:)

Anna said...

You're so sweet, Hannah! And I know that you are a great big sister!