“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and
forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?” ~Matthew 16:26
Apparently, man won’t give much in
exchange for his soul. I was reminded of this sad but true fact this past
Monday at the abortion mill. Every single man or woman who had any involvement
(the mother or father of the unborn child, a driver or friend, the workers, the
security people, the abortionist, etc.) with that wicked place gave temporary
convenience, pride, selfishness, the desire to be rich, comfort, earthly
pleasure, etc. in exchange for their soul.
My sister and
I were able to go to the abortion mill on Monday. When we arrived just before
9:30, there were only three vehicles in the parking lot. When only couple more
came in the next forty-five minutes, we were hopeful that it was going to be a
slow day. Alas, shortly after some other pro-lifers arrived the customers
really started pouring in.
I was able to
give out three booklets to people coming and going and had a short conversation
with two of them. The one that I did not talk with was a woman driving in who
stuck her hand out her cracked-open window long enough to grab the booklet
before continuing in.
The two that
I did speak with were both men who had driven a woman there and were on their
way back out. The first one stopped and rolled down his window to accept the
booklet I was holding out. I stepped up to the window and asked if he had
brought a woman for an abortion. He replied that no, she had miscarried. I
wasn’t sure whether or not to believe him, but I showed my sympathy. We do want
to treat them like they are telling the truth, otherwise they may disregard
what we say. I talked with him for a couple of minutes, but later realized that
I should have been more aggressive (in a non-aggressive way!) in telling him
that no matter what they came here for if they were supporting the killing of
innocent children. During my short conversation with him the bouncer/security
man came up to the other side of the car and just stood watching and listening.
He made no attempt to interfere or tell the man to move. Thank you, Lord!
The other man
that I spoke with also stopped to accept a booklet. One thing that was
especially sad was that there was a baby car seat in the back seat of his car.
When I asked him if he had brought a woman there for an abortion, he said no.
So I proceeded to ask if he had brought anyone else along. He said that his
cousin works there and he is watching her baby. Of course I should have known
that he was lying to me for a number of reasons, only one of which is that they
don’t allow a pregnant woman to work at the abortion mill. With the baby being
that young, she would have had to start her job there very recently, which is highly
unlikely. The man tried to hand the booklet back to me but I encouraged him to
keep it, which he reluctantly did. This time while I was trying to think of
what to say next, the bouncer did come up and make him move on.
I learned a
lot from both of these situations. One is how easily people can lie to you.
Their hearts are so hardened to sin that it is not a surprise that they have
ended up in these difficult situations where they end up at the abortion mill.
It starts with a “little” lie. In fact, it starts smaller than that. It starts in
the mind. Another thing I am continuing to think about from these situations is
how to handle this type of encounter better in the future. Each situation is
unique, and yet each calls for the same thing – a pointing toward Jesus, truth,
and help.
There was one
part of the day that made it worth everything – one mama chose not to kill her
child! I don’t know how long she had been in the mill, but then she came out to
her car and she and her friend drove down to the ultrasound RV. I thank the Lord
for the counselor and nurse on the RV and their part in leading this mama to make
the right choice. Thank you, Lord for this special blessing of lives saved from
spiritual and physical death!
And with that,
I’ll leave you with this short but sobering poem:
Still as of old
Men by themselves are priced—
For thirty shekels Judas sold
Himself, not Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment