Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday, February 3 - Abortion Mill Update

I thought of calling this post “O Ye of Little Faith”. Last night as my sister and I were gathering things in preparation for this morning at the abortion mill, I grabbed one of the two blessing bags that we have (blessing bags are bags that have been filled with items for both mama and baby that we give to mamas who choose life). My sister, seeing the other bag, asked me if I wanted to get that one, too. I hesitated a moment, then turned back and picked it up. “I guess it is a lack of faith that made me only get one,” I told my sister, “since there really would be no other reason for me to not take both of them.”
My thought had been something like this: We only need one of these bags; I haven’t seen two mamas choose life at this particular clinic in one morning before. I thought I was doing the best thing. And according to my logical human reasoning, it was. After all, why carry two bags all the way out to the car, drive them all the way to the mill and back again, and carry them both back inside at the end of the day? It is true that I haven’t seen two mamas choose life in one morning at this clinic before, but by me not bringing both bags I was, in essence, telling God that things couldn’t be different this time. I was limiting Him by my lack of faith.
Despite my less-than-a-mustard-seed of faith, we did see God work this morning. Maybe not in the ways that we had expected, but He was still at work! Like me not feeling so great on the drive down and wondering if I would have to stay in the car, but finding that I felt just fine after standing outside for just a few minutes. Or like bringing along another pro-lifer who knew a bit more Spanish than I did to speak with a woman who didn’t understand much English. Or like allowing our literature to get into the hands of five different women. Yes, God is good!
Three of the aforementioned women who took literature just reached out and took it from me as they drove in the driveway. They didn’t even stop when I asked them a question, which hasn’t happened to me before that I can remember. Thankfully, though, we were able to talk with the other two. One of them was the woman who didn’t speak much English. She seemed to indicate that she wasn’t even pregnant, although we don’t know for sure since it was hard to communicate. At least she left before the abortionist got there!
The other vehicle that stopped to take some literature was a young couple. When I asked if they were there for an abortion, they said that they had come for a test to find out if she was pregnant. They said that they thought abortion was wrong and quickly agreed to go talk to the RN on the mobile ultrasound RV that was out with us. Another pro-lifer went on the RV with them and we left soon after, so I still don’t know the outcome of that situation. I am thankful that we kept someone from going in to the abortion mill, though, even if it wasn’t originally for an abortion.
We had brief conversations with two other women in the parking lot. One was a woman who told us that “it doesn’t even have arms and legs” in response to a plea on our part not to kill her baby. We tried to share the truth about the development of a baby in the womb with her, but it was like talking to a stone wall. The other was a woman who said that she had been raped and already had an abortion. She ignored my request that she come over and talk to us because God still had hope and help for her.
The two blessing bags traveled all the way to the abortion mill and back again this morning and are sitting back where I got them from last night. Does that mean it was a waste? I would dare to say that faith and availability are never a waste. And more importantly than that, I think this experience did something else: it watered my mustard seed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow this was awesome Anna!!! Powerful. That last line really blesssed me. Amen!
Theresa

Anna said...

Thank you, Theresa! And I'm glad that it was a blessing to you!