I originally wrote the following description to fit a particular piece of music, but realized that it could describe a number of songs. I am curious to hear what song(s) it brings to your minds. Please comment with your thoughts!
“The
slow pace and dreamy harmony of this piece invoke sweet reflections of fiddles
and mountain cottages.”
6 comments:
I bought a CD at a fall fest after listening to a stage performance of The Celtibillies; half of their cd, The Shoemakers Child evokes that feeling. There are some drinking & catholic references but half of the album is instrumental & all of it is fun & beautiful. You can hear samples here-http://celtibillies.com/store/cds-and-cassettes/77--the-shoemakers-child.
The Shoemakers Child (#3)itself is the song that popped into my head but #4, #7 also fit your description to my ears.
Hmmm...I really should think of something! Several times one was on the tip of my brain...but I'm afraid I'm going to need help on this one! :( My mind is blank! Come on, can't anyone else out there think of a song?
Sometime though Anna, I'd be curious to know what the song was. :)
Great idea by the way!
I've never heard of The Shoemakers Child before, Mrs. V, but it is interesting how a phrase can call to mind many different pieces of music!
I thought maybe we'd have a few more ideas shared here, too, Victoria! :) I'll tell you soon, but I'm going to make you think a little longer and see if you can come up with one! ;D (I won't make you wait too long, though!)
Okay, I'll tell you -- I was thinking of a duet version of "Danny Boy" that my sister and I play together. :)
Post a Comment