Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Righteous and the Wicked - Psalm 37

Righteous
Wicked
Will be given the desires of their heart
Wither quickly like the grass
God will do what they trust Him to
Fade like the green herb
They will inherit the land
Will be cut off
They will inherit the land
He will be no more
They will delight in abundant prosperity
Plots against the righteous
They are better though they don’t have much
God laughs when he sees his day coming
They are sustained by God
Have drawn the sword and bent the bow
God knows their days
Cast down and slay the upright, needy, etc.
Their inheritance will be forever
Their sword will enter their own heart
They will not be ashamed in times of evil
Their bows will be broken
They will have abundance in famine
Their arms will be broken
They are gracious and give
Will perish and vanish
They will inherit the land
Borrows and does not pay back
His steps are established by God
Their descendants will be cut off
God delights in his way
Spies upon the righteous and seeks to kill him
God holds his hand so he will not be hurled
Spreads himself like a luxuriant tree
They are not forsaken
He passed away and was no more
They do not need to beg for bread
Will be altogether destroyed
He is gracious and lends
Their posterity will be cut off
His descendants are a blessing
 
They will abide forever
 
They are not forsaken by God
 
They are preserved forever
 
They will inherit the land and dwell in it forever
 
He utters wisdom and speaks justice
 
The law of God is in his heart
 
His steps do not slip
 
God will not leave him in the hand of the wicked
 
God will not let him be condemned
 
God will exalt them to inherit the land
 
They will see the wicked cut off
 
He will have a posterity
 
Their salvation is from God
 
God is their strength in time of trouble
 
God helps and delivers them from the wicked
 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was interesting, Anna! I liked how you put it together. :)

How thankful I am for the promises that the Lord has made to and for His children!

Anna said...

I give my father the credit for the layout :). He is so good about things on the computer that I always get him! I was going to put ones that went together beside each other (like "Righteous": They are gracious and give and "Wicked": Borrows and does not pay back), but then I forgot.

Yes, I agree that those are some beautiful promises!

Anna