I am
writing this post from . . . you guessed it, Vermont! It was only a week ago
that we found out that we would be heading north, and now I’m sitting here on
an air mattress in the room that served as my sisters’ and my bedroom last
night here in my grandparent’s (mother’s parents) house.
Although
this trip mainly came about because my Father needed to come to Vermont on
business, there were many factors that led to the decision to come as a family.
For one, we’ll all get to be together this way, something that we always like!
Besides, who could pass up an opportunity to see grandparents and cousins?
While
we’re here in Vermont I thought I would do my posts a little bit differently
than usual. I don’t think I will get to post every day, but the days that I do
I’ll post whatever I have: pictures,
happenings, thoughts, discussions, Scriptures, etc. So here is today’s post!
Our Trip
Up
until the time we packed up the van, we didn’t know exactly when we would be
leaving. We ended up getting on the road at 11:45 yesterday morning. Straight
driving time is fourteen hours, but since we knew we would be getting in early
this morning anyway, we didn’t try to hurry. We got in to my grandparents at
4:00 this morning. After we unloaded the van (we jokingly told my grandparents
that we brought the whole house with us!) and visited a bit (my grandparents
were so excited that they woke up to welcome us!), we all headed to our beds
for a few hours.
| Eleven people + three weeks = a lot of luggage! |
South . . . to North
My sister took this picture yesterday morning at our house:
And I took this one just now from my grandparents front porch:
Today . . .
Verses To Share
My
grandparents are currently reading through the New Testament, so while we’re
here we joined in reading it aloud at mealtime. Today we read a few chapters in
Mark, and these verses stood out to me: “Taking a child, He set him before them, and taking him in His
arms, He said to them, ‘Whoever receives one child like this in My name
receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me.’” ~ Mark 9:36+37
2 comments:
With how busy things have been, I am only just now catching up on blogs! I enjoyed your Vermont trip posts . . . it looks like you all had a special and fun time!
Yes, we had a very special and memorable time in Vermont. Thank you for your comment, Sarah!
Post a Comment