Friday, April 11, 2014

Last Trip Update

Maple Sugaring

The sap did finally flow the day before we left Vermont and my brothers were able to help Grandpa boil a little bit! This sugaring season will be short, but some is better than none (especially given the current price of what Vermonters call “liquid gold”!).

Homeward Bound

After leaving Vermont on the morning of Wednesday, April 2nd, we headed to PA where we visited with some friends and stayed the night. On Thursday we did some shopping in the area and then drove to Harrisonburg, VA where some of us stayed for the conference. The rest continued home.

Writers’ and Artists’ Conference

This conference was very instructive and I learned a lot of things that I am looking forward to putting into practice when I next get time to write. My favorite part of this leg of the trip was the time we got to spend with another lady from our church and her daughter. We stayed in the same house and rode to and from the conference together. Then on Saturday, April 5th, we all drove home together.

And that brings me to the end of our trip!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, sounds like you had a fun time :) I think that is SO cool that your brothers were able to make sugar!!! We only make syrup, but I think it would be fascinating to make sugar!!!

Anna said...

We did have a fun time, Theresa! Could you explain the difference between sugar and syrup or what you mean by those terms (since different people use the terms differently depending on context and other factors :)?