Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Other Side of the Fence

“Godliness with contentment is great gain.”
~ I Timothy 6:6

Contentment. This is one of the things that God continued to teach me through our trip to Vermont. I am so thankful for where God has placed me and what He has given to me – and that He gave me opportunities to be reminded of that on this trip! He certainly does know best! The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a good reminder; so true!

Anna said...

I was so thankful that the Lord reminded me! It would be nice if I would just remember these things all the time, but I guess sometimes we humans need reminders :). Thank you for your comment, Victoria, so glad to hear from you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Anna! (Did you get the email I sent you? It had a few attachments so I was afraid it got sent to your spam folder or something...just wanted to make sure you got it. :)

Anna said...

Thank you, Victoria, I got your email - and the attachments, too! You will see one thing that has been keeping me occupied in my next post :), but I will reply soon!

Unknown said...

OK good!! Please don't feel any pressure to respond back though, I most likely won't be able to answer you back very promptly either! I'll check back soon to see what you've been doing. :)

Unknown said...

Amen sister! I've often struggled with discontentment, but I'm always reminded that indeed, the grass is not greener on the other side.

Anna said...

Discontentment seems to be a common problem among us humans doesn't it, Theresa? :) I've had a lot to learn in that area, but I can testify that God does bless contentment!