My family and I listened to a message on acceptance a few days ago, and some of the thoughts really convicted me. I don't all have my thoughts together, so I'll just write a few notes.
Jesus knew what it was like to be rejected, and He was rejected, but He always accepted everyone.
Seek, or do as much as you can to accept everyone that comes across your path.
Acceptance and Approval are different. Even though you are to accept everyone, you are not to approve of their sin. You can accept others without approving of what they do. Accept them first, then point them to the Bible to show them their sin.
Even just a smile or a small act of service can show someone that you accept them.
Don't seek for acceptance, give it.
People will go almost anywhere and do almost anything, no matter if it is wrong to get acceptance. That shows how important acceptance is to people and it is important that we give it. People will not stay where there is no acceptance very long.
We are to even accept our enemies. "Love you enemies, pray for those who persecute you..."
2 comments:
Those were some good points, Anna!
With praise comes acceptance, and I am finding with my siblings when I praise them they (and I!) are happier and things go better :).
Anna
Post a Comment