Saturday, January 31, 2009

Verses From John

Many of us have probably read through the gospel of John and wondered what some of the verses meant. I know I have. But recently, as we have been going through that book as a family, the verses seem to come alive to me. I have started going back through the gospel by myself as well. There are some very precious and convicting verses!

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. John 1:10, 11

"Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' " John 3:7

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3:36

Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." John 4:13, 14

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst...All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out." John 6:35, 37

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." John 8:12
These are some of the many beautiful verses and promises in John that I have been thinking about as I read through.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I would agree, Anna, those are such beautiful and comforting promises!

Anna said...

The Bible is full of rich mines wherever we turn! Why not give our all to God since He promises us so much?
Anna