Sometimes I think as I look at my own life and watch other Christian young ladies (and other people, but I have the most contact with young ladies) that we really aren't much different from the world.
God said, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues...". When He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, he told Abraham that he would take even 10 righteous people from there. In the parable of the sheep and the goats, Christ separates the sheep from the goats. God's desire throughout the Bible is to have his people be separate from others. He gives guidelines and examples of how we are not to be like the world.
Yet, when I look around, it seems like we dress the same way, we talk the same way, we eat the same things, we do the same things, we think the same things, we must have the same things, etc.
Do we really believe God when He says we are to be different? When people look at us, do they see us as the rest of the world, just eating and drinking, buying things, speaking unkindly, playing games and laughing, etc., or do they really see what we profess? Do they see Jesus and a Spirit-filled life? Do we just go to church on Sunday and listen to the message and say, "That was a good message, one that I need in my own life", but then go home and do nothing about it?
These are some questions and thoughts that have been provoking me recently, but I must say that I have in no way mastered or even begun to master these things. It is only something that God has been laying on my heart, and I have been asking Him to help me carry out.
2 comments:
That was convicting, Anna! Thank you for sharing!
You're welcome, Sarah!
Post a Comment