The
snow started falling here just before lunchtime yesterday and didn’t stop until
around the time I went to bed. The total snowfall came to just under two inches
(it’s kind of hard to say because it depends on where you measure!).
| The walkway outside our front door yesterday afternoon after it had been snowing for a bit |
Having
lived most of my life in Vermont, two inches of snow is nothing big. However,
we have learned in the three winters that we have been in the South that they
don’t know what to do with snow down here! My sister and I both had to go out
yesterday afternoon and with unplowed roads and no winter tires, it was a
different experience from driving in Vermont during the winter. I was thankful
that I learned to drive up North and thus had learned some tips for how to handle driving in
the snow!
| A portion of our lawn this morning after the sun had started to melt the snow |
I
was also thankful to return safely home after being out! During sunny weather it is so easy to
feel like I am the one in control of my vehicle, but I’m really not. I was
reminded of that once again yesterday when I went off the road and into small ditch
(thankfully I was not hurt and was able to get back on the road :). That was a
good reminder for me that even if I feel in control (of my vehicle, life,
circumstances, etc.), there are times when there is nothing that I can do. How
grateful I am that my Heavenly Father is really the one in control of everything!
2 comments:
Glad y'all got snow too :-) it really is lovely! Sweet post Anna!
Thank you, Theresa! After having more than enough snow every winter for the first sixteen years of my life I don't relish it as much as some do, but I still think that it is pretty :)!
Post a Comment