Monday, November 4, 2013

A Big Sister Moment

I am teaching my eight-year-old sister how to play the violin. This afternoon we decided to play “Simon Says” during our lesson to make it more fun. Well, when “Simon said” to put her violin up in playing position, she promptly asked, “Simon, can you help me?” (and she was serious!). I had to laugh! :) Who says being a big sister isn’t great?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol too cute...

Joanne said...

:) What a blessing you are able to teach your siblings. I'm sure they appreciate it (I'm sure your parents do too!)

God bless you.

Anna said...

It was, Renee!

Anna said...

Yes, that is one of the blessings to having a lot of children - the older ones can help teach the younger ones. :) It has been a lot of fun for both of us!

Thank you, and may God bless you, too!

Unknown said...

How sweet! :)I love being a big sister :D (Even if none of us can play the violin :P)
~Theresa

Anna said...

Yes, Theresa, you know about the "big sister thing" from first-hand experience! I miss the days of siblings just learning to talk when they really come up with some interesting things that make you laugh! But my six and eight year old sisters still have some pretty good ones now and then. :)

There are lots of things that you can do that I can't, too; we all have our special contribution. But playing the violin is a lot of fun, and maybe someday you will be able to, as well! You may want to ask my little sister before you start, though, she'd tell you that it does take some work!! :)