A servant comes to a king and
says, “I am committed to you. I am your loyal servant. I will be faithful to
you, no matter what. You can count on me. Just give me an assignment.”
The king thinks for a minute and says,
“Would you please take this message and deliver it to my knight? “
The servant replies, “What? You
just want me to deliver a message? I wanted to do something great for you. I
thought you would send me to battle so I could perform some brave and gallant
deed for the service and honor of the king.” (From Making Brothers and Sisters Best
Friends, page 35.)
Does that sound like you? Do you
want to do something great for the King? Who measures “greatness”, anyway?
Remember the words of our Lord, the King: “He who is faithful in a very
little thing is faithful also in much . . .” ~ Luke 16:10
No comments:
Post a Comment